By Angela Jones
This clean and invigorating research illuminates the often-neglected tale of early African American civil rights activism.
• basic resource records together with the Niagara Movement's "Declaration of Principles"
• A chronology of the improvement of the civil rights movement
• pictures of key avid gamers within the Niagara Movement
• An expansive bibliography encompassing titles from sociology, political technology, and history
Read or Download African American Civil Rights: Early Activism and the Niagara Movement PDF
Similar civil rights & liberties books
James Meredith broke the colour barrier in 1962 because the first African American scholar at Ole omit. The violent rebellion that will be probably the most lethal clashes of the civil rights period, heavily wounding rankings of U. S. Marshals and killing civilians, and forcing the government to ship millions of squaddies to revive the peace.
Felix Cohen, the legal professional and student who wrote The guide of Federal Indian legislations (1942), used to be tremendously influential in American Indian coverage making. but histories of the Indian New Deal, a 1934 software of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal, overlook Cohen and as a substitute specialize in John Collier, commissioner of Indian affairs in the division of the inner (DOI).
Notwithstanding parity continues to be infrequent, presidential cupboards include extra ladies than ever sooner than. who're those girls and what varieties of political capital assets do they carry to the management? Are they new varieties of political avid gamers or a great deal just like the males who've normally run the govt? And when they achieve place of work, are they taken care of both within the cupboard?
The Black Panther occasion for Self-Defense used to be based in Oakland, California, in 1966 through Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale. It was once probably the main seen of the Black energy teams within the past due 60s and early 70s, no longer least as a result of its confrontational politics, its rejection of nonviolence, and its headline-catching, gun-toting militancy.
- We Had Sneakers, They Had Guns: The Kids Who Fought for Civil Rights in Mississippi
- China's Human Rights Lawyers: Current Challenges and Prospects
- Challenging U.S. Apartheid: Atlanta and Black Struggles for Human Rights, 1960–1977
- Transgender Rights
- Lobbying From Below: Inquest in Defence of Civil Liberties
- Gewirthian Perspectives on Human Rights (Routledge Studies in American Philosophy)
Extra resources for African American Civil Rights: Early Activism and the Niagara Movement
African American Civil Rights: Early Activism and the Niagara Movement by Angela Jones