By Victoria Emma Pagán
- Tacitus is among the most crucial Roman historians of his time, in addition to an outstanding literary stylist, whose paintings is characterised through his philosophy of human nature
- Encourages interdisciplinary dialogue meant to interact students past Classics together with philosophy, cultural reviews, political technological know-how, and literature
- Showcases new theoretical methods that enhance our figuring out of this complicated author
- Clarifies and explains the notoriously tough language of Tacitus
- Written and designed to organize a brand new new release of students to envision for themselves the richness of Tacitean thought
- Includes contributions from a vast variety of verified foreign students and emerging stars within the field
Read Online or Download A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best historical studies books
The Routledge consultant to Interviewing units out a well-tested and sensible technique and technique: what works, problems and risks to prevent and key questions which has to be replied ahead of you put out. historical past methodological matters and arguments are thought of and drawn upon however the concentration is on what's moral, legally appropriate and productive:Rationale (why, what for, the place, how)Ethics and Legalities (informed consent, facts defense, dangers, embargoes)Resources (organisational, technical, highbrow) training (selecting and imminent interviewees, heritage and biographical study, developing credentials, deciding on topics)Technique (developing services and confidence)Audio-visual interviewsAnalysis (modes, tools, difficulties)Storage (archiving and long term preservation)Sharing assets (dissemination and development)From dying row to the mansion of a head of kingdom, small kitchens and entrance parlours, to legislatures and presbyteries, Anna Bryson and Seán McConville’s huge interviewing event has been condensed into this publication.
Contesting background is an authoritative advisor to the confident and destructive functions of the previous within the public area and what this indicates for the that means of background extra extensively. utilizing a world, non-Western version, Jeremy Black examines the employment of background through the nation, the media, the nationwide collective reminiscence and others and considers its basic importance in how we comprehend the earlier.
Alcuni dei fatti che hanno segnato los angeles memoria dei Romani. Persone, luoghi, avvenimenti, fatti e misfatti della storia della Città Eterna. Dal 21 aprile del 753 a. C ai giorni nostri. Quasi tre millenni sotto forma di “almanacco”, un calendario contenente una cronologia Urbana che ripercorre los angeles vita dei Romani attraverso los angeles rievocazione di notizie statistiche e di cronaca, eventi naturali, avvenimenti religiosi, politici e militari, lotte di potere, edifici e monumenti, personaggi, manifestazioni, miti, leggende e tradizioni.
Containing a wealth of latest scholarship and infrequent fundamental files, The Black Jacobins Reader presents a accomplished research of C. L. R. James's vintage background of the Haitian Revolution. as well as contemplating the book's literary traits and its position in James's emergence as a author and philosopher, the members speak about its creation, context, and enduring significance when it comes to debates approximately decolonization, globalization, postcolonialism, and the emergence of neocolonial modernity.
- The Enlightenment: History of an Idea
- Traumatic Realism: The Demands of Holocaust Representation
- Historiographie des Humanismus (Transformationen der Antike) (German Edition)
- Sex, Gender and the Sacred: Reconfiguring Religion in Gender History (Gender and History Special Issues)
Additional resources for A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Tacitus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Victoria Emma Pagán